Location and Area
- Asan-myeon, Simwon-myeon, Haeri-myeon, and Buan-myeon of Gochang-gun
- Land area: 43.7km2 (Designated as a provincial park on December 27th, 1979)
Domestic Preservation Laws
- Natural Parks Act (Provincial Park)
- Preserve natural ecology, natural and cultural landscapes, and promote sustainable use
- Forest Protection Act
- Systematic protection of forest and protection of forest inheritance
Major Ecosystem Characteristics
- Coexistence of various species in the ecotone between the microthermal climate and warm-temperate zone
- Distinctive natural changes from the top of the mountains to the valleys
- 24 Subjects, 42 families, and 90 species in total
- Loose-flower hornbeam, Asian hornbeam, pine, quercus aliena community, etc.
- Mammalian herbivores: squirrel, Korean hare, roe deer, etc.
- Birds: brown-eared bulbul, yellow-billed grosbeak, cuckoo
- Amphibians/ reptiles: toad, salamander, solenoglyph, red-sided water snake
- Insects: Minos dryas, antlion
- Fish: Korean rose bitterling, striped shiner, dark chub, etc.
- Camellia Forest (184), Japanese Red Pine (354), Ivy (367)