The fortress is located in Seongnae-ri, Mujang-myeon and was designated as historical site no. 346 on February 21st, 1991. The radius of the fortress that stretches from the left side of the road from its south gate, Jinmuru to the left side of the road to Haeri-myeon and is approximately 1,400m having an area is 43,847 pyeongs. General Kim Jeorae built the fortress along with about 20,000 citizens and monks from many towns, using earth and rocks in the 17th year of King Taejong’s reign during the Joseon Dynasty (1417). Many old buildings including an inn, office buildings, and Jinmuru are left intact inside the fortress, and traces of various historical buildings also can be found near the buildings.
On the gate hangs the signboard that reads Jinmuru. The fortress has fallen but the inn, office buildings, and the south gate Jinmuru are left intact. The east gate and the altar have disappeared, but traces can be found. The castle was originally made of stone, but the collapsed part was re-built with earth. According to Mujangeupji Record found in 1915, the fortress was built by General Kim Jeorae in the 17th year of King Taejong’s reign during the Joseon Dynasty (1417) by mobilizing 20,000 villagers and monks from neighboring towns and it took 4 months to complete, from February to May.