Located in Seondong-ri, Gongeum-myeon, the 300,000-pyeong wide Hagwon Farm was designated as a tourist farm in 1994. It is famous for a green barley field on the vast gentle hill during spring. In autumn, it is famous for its white buckwheat flower field, as it looks like white clouds sitting on the field. It is around the initial day of summer when the green barley field is greener than any other season, and the buckwheat flower starts blossoming from early September lasting until late September. It is also equipped with a glass greenhouse for horticulture, a nursery, various orchards, a grass field, restaurants and accommodations, and therefore is a perfect place for anyone who wants to enjoy leisure and nature. The farm has been hosting the Gochang Green Barley Festival every April since 2004.
Things to See-
- Green Barley Field: The nation’s biggest festival, held from April- May
- Buckwheat Flower Field: The nation’s biggest festival held in September
- Mountains and Fields: Beautiful rural landscape
- Baekmin Memorial Hall: the former Prime Minister Jin EuiJong’s medals, certificates of appointment, other memorabilia, and embroidery researcher Mrs. Lee Hak’s artworks are exhibited.
Things to Enjoy-
- Grass Soccer Field: a space for soccer games, outdoor activities, and gatherings.
- Pavilion: indoor activities for a group of 10 people
- Walk: chestnut tree forest path, barley by-road, country lane, etc.